Take a tour of the flavors, aromas and Argentine culture.
We’ve got a amazing festival for you
TUESDAY, MAY 21 | 5:30 P.M. TO 8:30 P.M.
- 6:00 p.m. Welcome remarks: Luigi Perez, Director of the ArgFoodFest & Dr. Jorge Menardi, General Consul of Argentina in Atlanta
- 6:15 p.m. Culinary class at the grill area presenting grilling Argentine style with tasting.
- 6:45 p.m. Tango Show presenting Tanghetto Intimo with tango dancers Carla and Nico
- 7:10 p.m. Wines Tasting and connoisseur class Reds of Argentina
- 7:30 p.m. Culinary Tour Discovering Buenos Aires flavors and sweets from Argentina
- 8:00 p.m. Tango Show –presenting Electro Tango Tanghetto with Tango Dancers
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22 | 6:30 P.M.
ARGFOOD FEST LIVE SHOW in Athens @ Hendershots Music Bar.
237 Prince Ave. Athens GA 30601
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22 | DOORS OPEN AT 7:00 P.M.
- Opening Band: Athens Tango Project.
- Spectacular Show presenting Tanghetto (An Argentinian neo tango group created by musician and producer Max Masri)
- Tango dancers Carla Bianchi & Nicolas Filipeli
- Traditional Argentinian folk dance show malambo and boleadoras presented by Matias & Nicolas Rivas from "La Tropilla Malambo" group.
- Ticket includes an argentine plate with 3 delicacies specially created by Chefs Nadia Arce and Richard Oryazún.
Food is not allowed and it can be purchased at the venue.
THURSDAY, MAY 23 | 5:30 - 7:30 P.M.
PRE-SHOW "LA SOLE" ROOFTOP PARTY @ The Castle
87 15th St NE Atlanta, GA 30309
THURSDAY, MAY 23 | 5:30 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Join us to celebrate the Argentine spirit in a very special night in Atlanta for our traditional folk music and dance at this eclectic castle across the street of The Woodruff Arts Center and the Atlanta Symphony Hall (Where La Sole Concert takes place).
– Charcoal grill cooking demonstrations
– Meet the Chefs and learn our traditional recipes
– “Tanghetto” presents: Electro Tango show-party
– Wine-based cocktails with Malbec
– “Tropilla Malambo” presents: “Malambo” the music of Argentinian
Gauchos presented by Matias Rivas – Semi-Finalist with Malebo at “America’s Got Talent!” Welcome Matias and Nicolas Rivas!
SATURDAY, May 25 | 7:00 P.M. - 10:30 P.M.
GALA DINNER @ The Margaret Mitchell House
979 Crescent Ave NE Atlanta, GA 30309
SATURDAY MAY 25 | 7:00 P.M. - 10.30 P.M.
Celebrating “25 de Mayo”, the first independent government in Argentina
– 7:00 P.M. “Gone With the Pampas Wind” hors d’oeuves in the house museum and Silent Auction
– 8:00 P.M. Fourth course plated, sit-down dinner created by our chefs from Argentina Nadia Arce & Richard Oyarzun.
– 8:45 P.M. Spectacular live performances:
Opening act by Athens Tango Project.
Tango dancers Carla Bianchi and Nicolás Filipeli.
Argentine folk dance “Malambo & Boleadoras” by Matías Rivas and Nicolas Rivas from "La Tropilla Malambo".
– 9:30 P.M. Concert Tango Orchestra “Tanghetto”.
- “25 de Mayo” commemorative desert presented by Chef Preston Gouge.
Tickets include hors d’oeuves, dinner and selection of Argentine wines.
Cash Bar during the cocktail hour
SUNDAY, May 26 | 12:30 P.M. - 4:30 P.M.
GRAN ASADO @ The Wren's Nest
1050 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW. Atlanta GA 30310
SUNDAY MAY 26 | 12:30 P.M. - 4.30 P.M.
Join us on Sunday 26th of May to spend an amazing day enjoying the best Argentine asado, food and activities for the whole family:
- Country Day Argentine Style with a Big Asado and grill demonstrations
- Degustation Tents: The multiple flavors of Argentina.
- Argentinian style sausage prepared by the "Sausage World" of Atlanta.
- Tango Show from Athens Tango Project: Carla & Nicolas
- Live music show by folk singer Emilio Morales
- Malambo dance show by dancers Matias and Nicolas Rivas from "La Tropilla Malambo"
- Playground, raffles, gifts from our Sponsors
- Argentine Market: Food and Handicrafts vendors.
- Delicacies like empanadas, locro, pastelitos (our typical fluffy pastry) and much more.
- Culinary classes by Chefs Nadia Arce and Ricardo Oryazún with the special participation of pastry chef Preston Gouge.
- Final selection of winner in contest “The best empanada of Atlanta”
(Check on social media #argfoodfestbestempanadaofAtlanta )
Ticket includes all the food. Beverages can be purchased at the event.